What are your PC specs and temperatures in game.
I would first start by cleaning pc physically from dust and replace thermal paste on gpu and cpu.
1. Update your GPU drivers then lower the settings in your GPU control panel
-Adjust image settings with preview, out of 3 options select "Use the advanced 3D image settings"
-Manage 3D settings
-Call of Duty 2 (cod2mp_s.exe)
- Antialiasing FXAA : off
- Antialiasing gamma : correction on
- Antialiasing mode : Enhance the application setting
- Antialiasing setting : 2x/4x/8x. I have mine selected at 4x. You should keep that off if you wanna milk out the most fps.
- CUDA GPUs : All
- Low latency mode : Ultra
- OpenGL Rendering GPU : Select your GPU
- Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample option : on
- Texture filtering - Quality : High performance
- Texture filtering Trilinear optimization : on
- Threaded optimization : on
- Virtually pre-rendered frames : 1
2. In windows search type Game Bar, untick Record game clips, screenshots and broadcast using Game Bar. In left column, open Game Mode and untick Game Mode too (https://prnt.sc/s7i54y)
3. Open graphics settings in win 10, browse for your cod2mp_s.exe and set graphics preference to high performance (https://prnt.sc/s7i4hs)
3. Make sure Cod2 is running on all cores (task manager-details-cod2mps.exe-set affinity-check all boxes)
4. Change windows power plan settings to high performance.
5. Download Quick Cpu and drag all slides to 100% (system power plan inside quick cpu should be ''High performance'') (https://prnt.sc/s7i5up)
6. If you have nvidia, uninstall geforce experience.
7. Download Set Timer Resolution and select option "maximum" when opened
8. Match resolution and refresh rate on desktop and in cod2. i.e. DESKTOP: 1920x1080 144hz, COD2: 1920x1080 144hz
If you're using AMD cpu, there might be turbo boost option that can be turned on. Meaning your CPU can overclock on itself by some small amount. Nevertheless, download AMD Overdrive, under Performance Control select Clock/Voltage,
then Turbo Core Control. Try checking it on (https://prnt.sc/s7ia5n)
Right click cod2mp_s.exe, compatibility-> run in compatibility mode "Windows XP service pack 2"
Check disable fullscreen optimization
Check run this program as administrator
Change high DPI settings -> Check Override high dpi scaling behaviour and set scaling to be performed by application.
r_gpusync 0; r_multigpu 0; r_picmip 3; com_maxfps 250, cg_brass 0; cg_blood 0; sys_sysmb 1024; com_hunkmegs 512; cg_marks 0, r_polygonoffsetbias 15; r_polygonoffsetscale 4; ai_corpsecount 0 (or lowest possible, I'm shooting lines from my head)