zPAM 3.1 BETA 5

zPAM 3.1 BETA 5

zPAM 3.1 BETA 5

Thread started by jansenzn on Tuesday, 8:14pm December 8th with 4 replies. Views: 747

jansenzn

36 posts

8:14pm Dec 8th 20

In my opinion this mod in its current state should never become official and used in matches.
I think the guy working on it is going too far with touching something thats been the game for 15 years.
- Shotgun rebalance, I dont know who asked for this change and why?
Its same as if you changed the player HP, made all rifles always kill no matter where hit or changed the recoil of weapons and I dont think any long time players want any of that
- dx9 shadows forced off, why?
- missing other gametypes (tdm. ctf, hq), you have to put older mod to play? Not priority but still

Fixing clip/prone bug, fixing missing textures/abusing spots, optimising the code and quality of life (UI) changes are good and welcome.
But its also really easy to overdo things, personally for me in BETA 5 the UI is already getting kind of cluttered like the scoreboard in menus, etc, the modder is inspired by CSGO which is fine I guess but this is COD2 keep it simple please.

head

1,254 posts

9:08pm Dec 9th 20

There is a discussion on Discord.

This pam is far from official and the good thing is, if we don't like something...we just remove it before we release a final version.

Speed Demon

5 posts

12:20pm Dec 12th 20

There are things that still need to be fixed. Especially shotgun, it doesn't register shit on 3.0 and 3.1 beta pam modes. As far as I'm concerned, 2.07 had the best working shotgun and stability of all pams. I imagine it's still work in progress and could turn out better than we think

As far as the spectator mode. Imagine csgo but with cod2's ability to spectate, no one would watch that shit, it would be boring. Now imagine cod2 with csgo spectator mode and esports coverage. Cod2 would beat csgo easily as it's much more competitive fps, sadly impossible now considering it's 15 year old game, but having updated spec mode is much more enjoyable for people watching on the stream.

I'm not familiar with modding pams and I think there's only so much you can do, but let us appreciate that people are actually putting in the work and not letting the game rot.

jansenzn

36 posts

5:31pm Dec 12th 20

@head I know but some people are acting as if this is the official and wont even play and want to cancel the match if not played on beta 5, ridiculous

@nUKI The shotgun is the same in 3.0 beta 1 and 2.07, it was changed somewhere later in beta 2-5, 3.0 beta 1 should be the minimum as it has clipping/prone and some missing textures fixed while 2.07 doesnt

head

1,254 posts

9:08pm Dec 12th 20 - in reply to jansenzn's post

You can just turn off the modified shotgun if you have rcon.

The mod is not official so they can't force you to play on it.