PnkBstrB.exe heartbeats stopped

Thread started by alt on Friday, 4:45pm June 19th with 9 replies. Views: 1,978

alt

4 posts

4:45pm Jun 19th 20

Hello,

I have an issue with getting kicked from PB servers since last Windows 10 update.
After 2 mins in game, I get kicked with message:

Service communication failure: PnkBstrB.exe heartbeats stopped.

Reinstalled Cod2, reinstalled PunkBuster 10 times, updated, copied other folders from people that have it working, ran PBSVC.exe 10 times, everything without errors, in task manager PnkbstrA.exe is running, and after starting Cod2 PnkbstrB.exe is running.

I don't know what else to do, any ideas?

head

1,254 posts

9:56am Jun 20th 20

Do you have an antivirus installed?

alt

4 posts

12:42am Jun 21st 20 - in reply to head's post

Only the Windows 10 antivirus

Gerlov2

4 posts

8:46am Jul 28th 20

I got the same problem here. I tried to put my firewall off, delete punkbuster b in registry, but nothing seems to work.

head

1,254 posts

2:13pm Jul 28th 20

Check if you have 2 different pb folders.
I know that some people have a pb folder in their main install folder + an other one in their hidden appdata (i think).

Try using a pb folder of a friend (that you trust) and replace both folders.

d3do

1,148 posts

2:13pm Jul 29th 20

I have this problem, too. Replacing the folder or reinstalling PB doesn't help. What seems to help is when I reboot the computer before loading the game and then type pb_security 0 into the console before I join the server.
Also, check your Windows firewall, maybe the application does not have an exception in both "private" and "public". The firewall can be what blocks it during the game, too.

Let me know if you find a permanent solution, please.

Good luck!

Gerlov2

4 posts

6:41pm Jul 29th 20

i got it fixed, it seems to be in the registery. I had the problem fixed it and then did a windows update. If you find the punkbuster b in the //:c/windows/system32/punkbuster and delete the punkbuster b. Then do a restart and run pbsv.exe or in the diff order.

d3do

1,148 posts

10:49am Aug 2nd 20 - in reply to Gerlov2's post

That seems to have worked for me, too. Thanks!

d3do

1,148 posts

9:55am Aug 7th 20

So, scratch that, didn’t solve it for me after all, still getting kicked..

prgOo

11 posts

9:08pm Aug 30th 20

So any solutions now? For me it happens when I change from new eyza fucking mode to old zpam. If anyone find any other solution please reply, thank you.