[LAN] - TLS Resurrection by Sk...

[LAN] - TLS Resurrection by SkillZone - 25.-27.10.2019 - Prague

[LAN] - TLS Resurrection by SkillZone - 25.-27.10.2019 - Prague - Page: 8

Thread started by d3do on Friday, 1:27pm March 1st with 119 replies. Views: 24,437

strumfich

106 posts

6:29pm Oct 3rd 19

good job @everyone

vioqor

963 posts

10:54am Oct 4th 19 and edited 11:05am Oct 4th 19

It's great to see that we still have people willing to put in a lot of time and energy into organizing another cod2 event! :)

Just one thing though: I really don't understand why we have a 3 day LAN with just 18 teams that is single elimination...
The only argument against double elim is that it is time consuming (I really don't buy the "it makes the final pointless" argument), but with 3 days and just 18 teams time can never be an argument... Just a shame, cos single elim makes the final outcome more random/luck dependant, and in my opinion that is something you should never want.

Besides, now we will spend two days playing groups to eliminate just two teams.. Which kinda makes it playing pcw's for two days at LAN. Even though I of course enjoy playing as many games as possible at LAN, I think it shouldn't come at the expense of the quality of the tournament (not having DE).

Hopefully this will be reconsidered.

Anyways, see you guys all there!

hamek

477 posts

11:31am Oct 4th 19 - in reply to vioqor's post

Old vioqor is back again, can you tell us when your book will be announced? would like to read that

d3do

1,110 posts

11:41am Oct 4th 19 and edited 12:20pm Oct 4th 19 - in reply to vioqor's post

It's great to see that we still have people willing to put in a lot of time and energy into organizing another cod2 event! :)

Just one thing though: I really don't understand why we have a 3 day LAN with just 18 teams that is single elimination...
The only argument against double elim is that it is time consuming (I really don't buy the "it makes the final pointless" argument), but with 3 days and just 18 teams time can never be an argument... Just a shame, cos single elim makes the final outcome more random/luck dependant, and in my opinion that is something you should never want.

Besides, now we will spend two days playing groups to eliminate just two teams.. Which kinda makes it playing pcw's for two days at LAN. Even though I of course enjoy playing as many games as possible at LAN, I think it shouldn't come at the expense of the quality of the tournament (not having DE).

Hopefully this will be reconsidered.

Anyways, see you guys all there!

Quote from vioqor on the 4th of October 2019
Haha, you again, just please stop, right now. Luck based, bla bla bla, give me a break. Of course it's not luck based, and it is annoying that you keep repeating that just because you personally get eliminated early every time. You are playing with a good team in gonewild now, so you might do better and not whine about it subsequently as always, I hope.

Our previous lan, which had the identical format to this one, that you were not present at, so can't really evaluate or comment on in any way, was definitely the best run and most fun lan that we've ever done in CoD2, at least it was for me and most people I've spoken to. Why? Because there was no time pressure, it was a very relaxed atmosphere, no late finishes, plenty of games for everyone (yes, even for the weaker teams who pay 300 Euro to play a 15-year old game, which is only fair), time to set up, etc., all given by the great format and scheduling. Not only because of that, but also because of that, we will definitely keep the format.

Also, we will not spend two days playing groups, but one and a half days, and yes it still ends around midnight like this because there are 30 PCs only, of which you probably fail to understand scheduling implications. The group matches are also not pcws at all, as they decide later placement and the road to the final, which extremely influenced the outcome last time, so they definitely have significant value - other than that they allow all the teams to get some serious play time in, which in itself is hugely important for most people.

If you want more elimination rounds, feel free to organise your own event and have quadruple elimination, for all I care. I personally wouldn't attend it because it's not fun playing games until 5AM.

It will not only not be reconsidered, but I refuse to even discuss it, especially since it's always you with the same problem and whining..

KRADZZjE

7 posts

4:02pm Oct 4th 19 - in reply to d3do's post

I still do not understand people. Honorable exceptions. Am I the only one who only plays because there are such tournaments?
What a disaster to play for three days :D
I would rather donate a thousand euros to the families affected by this disaster.

d3do

1,110 posts

1:06pm Oct 6th 19

The draw will be done tonight.

d3do

1,110 posts

6:55pm Oct 6th 19 and edited 12:12am Oct 7th 19

iconz

522 posts

8:20pm Oct 6th 19 - in reply to d3do's post

Ez groups for TILTED, rico will slap all of you

irreeL

213 posts

8:22pm Oct 6th 19

Nice darko!

d3do

1,110 posts

8:34pm Oct 6th 19 - in reply to d3do's post

Final change in groups, one player in W5 has problems with work and cant make it on Friday morning, so they have agreed with Bloodthirsters to switch groups. That means that BT are now in grouo A and W5 in group B.

hamek

477 posts

10:20pm Oct 6th 19 - in reply to iconz's post

Ez groups for TILTED, rico will slap all of you

Quote from iconz on the 6th of October 2019
ez ??? ask roger

F1co-

226 posts

10:22pm Oct 6th 19

Any1 need player ? Add me facebook filip feri?

MAKKUU

18 posts

12:29pm Oct 9th 19

LFT

snkr

141 posts

2:59pm Oct 13th 19 - in reply to MAKKUU's post

same here , lft if someone needs a last minute sub, would like to come