CGAC Screenshot errors

CGAC Screenshot errors

CGAC Screenshot errors

Thread started by HydroxZ <3 on Tuesday, 5:04pm February 16th with 3 replies. Views: 966

HydroxZ <3

251 posts

5:04pm Feb 16th 16

Hey guys, I seem to have a problem with CGAC, I play about 15 minutes of a game before my CGAC gives a error saying it failed to upload screenshots, only thing I can put it down to is my firewall, I disable it and the error still happens, my upload speed is perfectly fine and my connection is stable, I am on the Australian CGAC server (because I'm Australian, I'm posting on the EU forums in hope I'll get help because we don't use CGAC as much as EU does, my antivirus is bitdefender Total Security 2016, I'm running windows 10 (all updates are installed) I was looking around the forums and seen there was problems before with bit defender uses, is there a possible fix for my problem?

v00sh

191 posts

6:32pm Feb 16th 16

It was the same for me. Most likely, the problem is in antivirus. Here is the CG support's answer:
"Not solvable from my end, I've heard that Bitdefender simply has something that block anticheat functions and the only solution is to uninstall it. You can wait for new CGAC update, but if it was working before, doubt anything's gonna be solved."

I even contacted BF support and sent them all the requested data (including cgac.exe). They told me to turn off all antivirus components. It didn't help. Last reply by their support after file analysis:
"We have analyzed the data you've sent.
We do not block or detect the application.
That error is just a generic error message. You can disable the firewall protection in order to make sure that the issue is not due to a security solution.
The problem is caused by something else."

So the only way to fix this error is to change the antivirus or do not use it at all.

head

1,212 posts

6:35pm Feb 16th 16

I payed for bitdefender, great program but it keeps blocking CGAC even if you turn bitdefender off / add CGAC to ur whitelist.

Ive contacted bitdefender and explained the problem but they do not want / cant fix the problem. I switched to avira and CGAC works without any issues.

v00sh

191 posts

6:36pm Feb 16th 16

xd