Consider hosting your own serv...

Consider hosting your own server via VPS.

Consider hosting your own server via VPS.

Thread started by NZHTAN on Monday, 11:42pm February 12th with 4 replies. Views: 545

NZHTAN

115 posts

11:42pm Feb 12th 18

Consider using a VPS to host your own B44 server. Save yourself a fortune as I'm only paying £4 a month, plus you can completely customise the slot limit! make sure you buy that has SSD storage, it loads each map near instant compared to the Multi-play ones, that run on HDD.

Maybe something to think about?

myss

1,427 posts

12:06am Feb 13th 18

Good idea but it should be noted that most people buy gameservers from providers because they don't know how to properly configure VPS, and really shouldn't try to set it up themselves if they dunno what they're doing.

For others who do know I wouldn't suggest this because of constant hustle you'll have with every server update. Just leave hosting to hosting companies and playing to players..

NZHTAN

115 posts

11:12am Feb 13th 18

Fair point, maybe I could write a guide that'll make the process a little easier?

PSIJA

168 posts

2:18pm Feb 13th 18

Fair point, maybe I could write a guide that'll make the process a little easier?

Quote from NZHTAN on the 13th of February 2018

would be really good.
Hosted my own server successfully without VPS until latest update, since then it disconnects me as soon as I connect to it

mushinz

1 posts

2:54pm Feb 13th 18

Does a simple vps can handle a server? In your opinion what specs minimum?