Thanks from Joonas "Viilee" Se...

Thanks from Joonas "Viilee" Selin nightcup

Thanks from Joonas "Viilee" Selin nightcup

Thread started by hpnO-qM- on Tuesday, 12:57pm December 6th with 21 replies. Views: 2,607

hpnO-qM-

41 posts

12:57pm Dec 6th 16

First I want to clarify that this a Thank you for you all from Johannes 'KuuMa' Selin, Viilees brother who couldn't post this thread to the forum because of some adblock issues which got his account blocked for some reason.

And here is what Johannes had to say for you all:

Hey guys! <3

I just want to say most humble thanks to all who made this cup happen, organizers, players, donators and all stream viewers. That night was really special for me and i think i can say it was that for all of us. I couldnt ever believe what kind of a community you guys are and how much u loved Joonas, it makes me so proud of my brother.

Our family were stunned about this cup and how many players there was. My sister watched the entire rikkz's stream and she loved it, even tho she's never watched or played the game before. Our parents would love to see it also but unfortunately they have bad PC so they couldnt watch it live. But our dad somehow managed to watch some match later, i think he saw the first match (turpo's game). But they will come to my place to see it all.
When i called our dad during the cup and told him u guys had donated 700$ (at the time) i heard the emotions coming out. Your help and empathy during this sad time have really made the difference, the days are much easier to live because we know how loved Joonas was.

Yesterday i went to see Viilee, i lighted a candle and told him all of this, cup, players, donations and everything. I said best regards and love to him from all of you and im sure he heard me! <3

Once again, THANK YOU ALL and special thanks to markb and rikkz, you made this cup happen!

Best regards

Johannes "Kuuma" Selin

graejx

861 posts

1:17pm Dec 6th 16

This cup was a great idea in the first place, managed to be even better with 32 teams, went really smooth.
The donation system was the perfect way for the community to show their support, tho i'm amazed to see how far it went with the donations, the community showed it's best.
We, as cK, were gratefull to donate & play for his memory, playing against & with him over the years feel like a blessing today.
Joonas

chrisyh

1,464 posts

1:24pm Dec 6th 16

Great initiative from mark. Nice to see so much support from the community towards the Selin family.

Joonas <3

teqi-

429 posts

2:11pm Dec 6th 16

Great statement. I must say I was sceptical about this cup at the beginning. But reading what it means to your family really touched me and I am greateful that i was a part of it.
I think with this cup the comunity has really shown that there is more to it than all the stupid rivalries accusations and toxic behaviour that we encouter on a daily basis in the forum and during matches. In the end we all share the same passion.
Also from my side thx to the organisers that made this happen.
My deepest condolences to you and your family.

hEFEST

23 posts

2:12pm Dec 6th 16

d3do

1,080 posts

2:21pm Dec 6th 16

As teqi said, this has really showed that our community is worth something and that we are able to come together regardless of any differences when it matters. It is great to hear that it did mean something to Jonas` family, because that is really all that matters.

Thanks Toni

mavalam

407 posts

2:32pm Dec 6th 16

Matjeq

592 posts

2:43pm Dec 6th 16

I think nobody really hates each other. Toxic behaviour/trashtalk is more a way to relieve stress.Everybody has school/work etc. I mean if u play FIFA with real life friends. U also trashtalk. Its part of breaking ur opponent to win the game. Shame I couldnt play cause I had something with family. I watched some matches though. It seemed like a nice cup with good organizing.

RIP

chrisyh

1,464 posts

2:46pm Dec 6th 16

Great statement. I must say I was sceptical about this cup at the beginning. But reading what it means to your family really touched me and I am greateful that i was a part of it.
I think with this cup the comunity has really shown that there is more to it than all the stupid rivalries accusations and toxic behaviour that we encouter on a daily basis in the forum and during matches. In the end we all share the same passion.

Quote from teqi- on the 6th of December 2016

Bl4diii

632 posts

3:10pm Dec 6th 16

MaipE -cya-

102 posts

4:14pm Dec 6th 16 and edited 11:28am Aug 8th 17

masta

701 posts

4:23pm Dec 6th 16

That touched me, great statement... I'm really happy that I took part in this cup

LeGenDDD

153 posts

5:36pm Dec 6th 16

It was amazing to see all those players who stopped playing this game years ago back in action in memory of Joonas <3

el barto

12 posts

6:14pm Dec 6th 16

Thank you to the guy who organized this cup and bring all that old ppl to participate. It was our way to say goodbye to Villee, and i'm sure he would have appreciated that !

vioqor

961 posts

8:18pm Dec 6th 16

Quote from teqi- on the 6th of December 2016

for once i agree with something a gonewild member says ;D

sad i couldnt participate