W:ET Installation Guide

W:ET Installation Guide

Thread started by Aniky on Saturday, 10:09pm January 11th with 16 replies. Views: 6,786

Aniky

16 posts

10:09pm Jan 11th 14 and edited 4:17am Jan 25th 14

For all the newcomers, i would like to say first of all hello and thanks for giving chance to this incredible game.
At start i have to say that this game is a bit older, so dont expect some awesome graphics, but instead of that, ET can offer with the probably best and most unique game phase among all FPS games, with 5 different classes u can achive unique teamwork which is near to impossible to be seen at any other similiar games.

I will provide installation guide for every new player out there, who's willing to try this game out and experience something different, as well we will try to provide support and answers to any questions and problems concering ET at general.

[img]http://shrani.si/f/2x/vM/4Zi3lFOX/banner.png[/img]

1. Start with downloading offical ET.exe file from here and install the game.
  2. After that download 2.60 patch here and install it. (Make sure u browse correctly your ET path - generally C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy)
  3. For ending, we will install 2.6b patch which u can download here. As 2.6b patch isn't executable file, u have below simple tutorial on how to install it correctly.
    • Once 2.60 is installed , unrar the 2.6b patch :
    • You should see a folder named Enemy Territory 2.60b.
    • Open it and go to Win32. folder (if you use windows XP, 7,8, etc ..) go to Linux folder if you have linux
    • IN win32 folder you will see that (ET and ETDED).
    • [img]http://i79.servimg.com/u/f79/12/59/76/28/wolf110.jpg[/img]
    • Copy these two icons and open ur Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
    • direction that u have (generally installed in C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory) and paste the two icons, (it should normally replace the old icons) [img]http://i79.servimg.com/u/f79/12/59/76/28/wolf10.jpg[/img]
    • thats almost finished , you have to UPDATE punkbuster (PB).
    • - Please visit the following link here and download the ZIP file. - After ur download is completed, unrar the ZIP file and run "ET_PBSetup.exe". -While the installation is proceeding, the PBSetup will create new ETKEY as well, so u will be able to play on PunkBuster protected servers. Thats it , you just installed W:ET and are now able to play on ET PRO 2.6b and any other mod as well.

Some related and useful links:

www.crossfire.nu/ - ET Community
www.crossfire.nu/threads/47395/etpro-public-servers - ETPro Public Servers
www.crossfire.nu/threads/47397/fragmovie-database - ET Fragmovie Database
www.gamestv.org/ - Broadcast service of ET games, able to spectate other players in 3on3 or 6on6 wars
http://antman.info/wolf/cvar/#.UmRPWlOYDGg - ETPro Cvar List
www.gamestv.org/gtvd.repository.php - ET Maps (In order to save map, right click on particular map and select Save As, then save the map into ETMain map at ur ET directory)

I hope this post will be useful and helpful for players who are willing to give ET a try.

kookaroo

8 posts

12:46am Jan 12th 14

none of the download links work for me except the pb one

belst

294 posts

1:06am Jan 12th 14

download ET from here: http://www.splashdamage.com/content/download-wolfenstein-enemy-territory already patched and with pb installer and minimizer

Aniky

16 posts

1:56am Jan 12th 14

none of the download links work for me except the pb one

Quote from kookaroo on the 12th of January 2014

How come? I went over all the links before i published it just to see if all were valid, does any of them even open for u, or are u getting any kind of errors?

biggz-

1,234 posts

7:51am Jan 13th 14

Nice Aniky but should just use the Crossfire installer imo!

www.crossfire.nu/media/ET-Pack.zip

Then users don't have to worry about 2.60b patching etc.

DaNe89

1 posts

8:30am Jan 13th 14

ET Ultimate installer is my favorite, easy to install for beginners , all mods , alot maps etc.

--> http://www.crossfire.nu/tutorials/view/id/32

9:09am Jan 13th 14

Some tutorials about ET :

DeLuxez

459 posts

9:43am Jan 13th 14

Can u share here best fragmovies?

biggz-

1,234 posts

10:40am Jan 13th 14

Quote from DeLuxez on the 13th of January 2014

www.crossfire.nu/threads/47397/fragmovie-database

Aniky

16 posts

2:23pm Jan 13th 14

Nice Aniky but should just use the Crossfire installer imo!

www.crossfire.nu/media/ET-Pack.zip

Then users don't have to worry about 2.60b patching etc.

Quote from biggz- on the 13th of January 2014

I didn't use that install link for a reason, there's some stuffs that completely ruin "raw" installation, with so many custum cmds inside, as well as with reports of having sound cvars broken.

Aniky

16 posts

2:31pm Jan 13th 14

Quote from DeLuxez on the 13th of January 2014

For the best u could probably check links below, all of them are quite spectacular for viewing.

Fragarea 1
Fragarea 2
Fragarea 3 - One of the best frag movies

This Is Et
Riflenoobs
Most Hated 1
Most Hated 3

Requiem
TWK Unmasks
Max Chapter 2
Max chapter 3
mAus the movie

There's a lot more good fragmovies, this was just from start of the list that i picked couple out, but normally most of them shoud be very enjoyable to watch.

biggz-

1,234 posts

11:39pm Jan 13th 14

The installer pack is the path of least resistance for newbies, I used it and many others without issue. You also need to include steps on how to install the ETPro mod, as most ETPro servers do not automatically install it on connect.

That is why the utlimate installer is so good (even if it might be buggy for some users as you claim).

rpl-

88 posts

12:38am Jan 14th 14

how much active players does ET have atm?

biggz-

1,234 posts

1:23am Jan 14th 14

check out ohurcool's summary report article here:
www.crossfire.nu/journals/151380/cg-eu-et-week-1-summary

and for all GamesTV activity here (right of screen, 'upcoming broadcasts', also has other games listed):
www.gamestv.org

Aniky

16 posts

3:22am Jan 14th 14

how much active players does ET have atm?

Quote from rpl- on the 14th of January 2014

Depends if u are asking about ETPro only ( the mod CG is supporting ) or ET in general with all the mods together, if we go for ETPro only, i could say 300-400, when it comes to entire ET, easily over 1k or so.