COD4 - configs wont work..

Thread started by Monk^^ on Wednesday, 11:41am December 4th with 8 replies. Views: 2,498

Monk^^

72 posts

11:41am Dec 4th 13 and edited 9:17pm Dec 4th 13

Helo. :D

I would like to start by saying that i reinstalled game twice and ask a bunch of people for advice and no one had a clue what is wrong.
Everytime i exit a game my settings and controls(everything) reset to the primary settings. I tryed several configs and non of them worked.
Does anybody know something about this?

Thanks for answers. Monk

Burzum

136 posts

11:45am Dec 4th 13

hey , there should be a file called config_mp.cfg in your main folder delete that and make a new profile . this will probably works .

Monk^^

72 posts

1:10pm Dec 4th 13

bump

vod

1,414 posts

1:36pm Dec 4th 13

Is your config on read only? (Right click -> Properties)

If you are on Windows 7 it could also be that the original config is located on a different location (not in the normal CoD4 folder but somewhere in Users). Not too sure where that location is, but I am sure some people on here do know that.

ZENONZ

1,067 posts

2:03pm Dec 4th 13

you are on Windows 7?

JenK'nson

375 posts

3:21pm Dec 4th 13

remove the config from your main-folder!

Monk^^

72 posts

9:16pm Dec 4th 13

I removed it and its still not working.

YES, im on win7

Monk^^

72 posts

9:16pm Dec 4th 13

bump

#MICHAEL

105 posts

9:40pm Dec 4th 13 and edited 10:02pm Dec 4th 13

Try changing(replacing) the standart config (to yours, you'd like to use) of cod4
It should be localized at
\call of duty 4\main\iw_00.iwd\safemode_mp.cfg
Open .iwd files using WinRAR

(This is the config which will be loaded up if CoD has problems starting up and "resets" the config.)

Other problem/solution:
Read only on the COD4 folder! That's a problem I've been fighting with a lot. Windows does not let the program mess with itself. Be sure it's in a safe folder (if not, you may change it to C:\User\...) where it can be read/written without problems.