cod4 linux server

cod4 linux server

cod4 linux server

Thread started by wizQ on Monday, 10:53pm September 23rd with 7 replies. Views: 3,042

wizQ

1,001 posts

10:53pm Sep 23rd 13

anyone here ever set up a cod4 server on linux?
do i need retail cd files? or can torrent work?
i have a debian root server with beastly specs.

want to run servers for cg matches.

found tuts to set up the servers. but the main issue.. is it doesn't tell me what files i can use. torrent or retail.

wizQ

1,001 posts

1:47am Oct 6th 13

i have server on 1.7 already, installed the promod 2.17 and all this shit. followed the readme it came with. but still can not get the server to run for CG matches.

someones help would be appreciated.
i know someone here has set up a cod4 server before.....

belst

294 posts

8:46am Oct 6th 13

hosting a server is a delicate thing. if u are not really familliar with linux and serversecurity i would strongly recommend getting a managed server. there are so many things u can do wrong like getting ur server abused as ddos amplifier and stuff like this.

wizQ

1,001 posts

5:51pm Oct 6th 13

i know my way around linux. set up et servers since 09... but this cod4 shit is a fucking pain in the ass.

why are you even talking about tht shit? it's not what i asked.

belst

294 posts

9:26pm Oct 6th 13

because i cannot answer any question if u just say it doesnt work oO u have to be a bit more specific, like posting file structure, and so on.

wizQ

1,001 posts

10:17pm Oct 6th 13

i have fixed the issues. thanks though.

belst

294 posts

9:01am Oct 7th 13

ok so what was the problem? just say what u have fixed because other people might have the same problem and then they find this thread via google and wont get an answer^^

wizQ

1,001 posts

5:55am Oct 12th 13

i got the servers running...
if they find this thread...

add me on xfire and ill help ya out!

:DDDD